Employee theft accounts for 47% of businesses Annual Shrinkage/Loss = $14.6 Billion.
- All Businesses Inventory/Merchandise Out The Back Door
- Taken Home for Personal Use
- Giveaway to Family and/or Friends
- Coworkers Do It, Why Not Me?
- Retail Businesses Shrinkage at the POS/Cash Register
- Ringing Up Sales on the No Sale Key
- Fictitious Voids or Refunds
- Keeping All Exact Change Purchases
- Sweet hearting for Friends and Family
- Short Ringing/Under Ringing/No Sales
FACT: Employees Steal When 2 Things Exist: Need and Opportunity!
Sources: Dan Malachowski, Salary.com / Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor. / Scripps Howard News / National Association of Convenience Stores / Rutgers University / U.S. Department of Justice.